Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Friday, November 28, 2008

A Different Way To View Struggle


Did you take a moment to be thankful yesterday? I think that especially in such a prosperous nation, we take so many things for granted. The tightening of our belts and re-learning how to live within our means will, I believe, allow us to be more prosperous when the country turns around.

That thought may seem to be contradictory to the point I just made, so let me explain. By learning to live within our means, we will lessen our impulse buying, relearn how to be thrifty, perhaps make more meals at home, thereby increasing time spent with our families breaking bread, we will save more money, thereby becoming more financially secure in the long run, and perhaps because we have to struggle a little ourselves, we will share more of our bounty with those who have less.

I did a little spurring the economy today and did comparison shopping to find the best deals and got a couple of needed items for myself and some Christmas gifts. I am happy to say that I spent under $50. My goal this year is to spend less than $200 on gifts. So far I'm on track mostly because I've been making a good number of gifts.

Tonight I will put the lights on the tree and if I'm truly ambitious, I'll get the ornaments on it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment