Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Thursday, December 25, 2008




Each year on Christmas Eve I set a place for Jesus. The symbolism of the cross, crucifixion nail, and the nativity remind me that Christ was born to die for me.

Good morning friends,

Merry Christmas!!!!! I hope that your home is filled with love of friends and family this Christmas Day and precious memories will
be made.


We attended 11 p.m. candlelight services last night; it is sooooooo beautiful. The stirrings of the hand of the hand of God upon our hearts seems so much more palpable at some times of the year versus others and Christmas is one that touches me so much.
Once we arrived back home, I sat up for awhile and watched Mass from St. Peter's in Rome. To be a participant in the larger experience of Christmas love has been a tradition for as long as I can remember growing up.

Today will be spent with family eating, laughing, playing games and enjoying the REAL GIFT of love, sent down to us in the form of a baby totally dependent upon us. God removed fear by becoming dependent - amazing isn't it?



Not just during the Holiday season but every day I'm thankful for the
opportunity to celebrate not only the big moments, so worthy of
Hanukkah and Christmas, but also the little blessings that come my way.
I'd like to give thanks to the special things in my life which deserve gratitude
and acknowledgment as well. My life has been a rich quilt of memories.

I'm fortunate enough to have many friends, near and far, and been honored to have shared their joys, tears, hopes, and fears. I'm thankful for David, who loves me in spite of being goofy with a capital "OOOF!" And in spite of the fact that the first time he invited me to his apartment to watch movies, I stuck my foot into the tin of popcorn!!!

I give thanks our holiday table is filled with friends, family, and food made with love that honors traditions that are held dear.

This is a good time to consider those people in my life who have been my greatest
teachers, and to remember the unexpected guidance I've received from a stranger. These are blessings that might otherwise go unnoticed or could be taken for granted. Some blessings are actually lessons that are delivered in challenging ways. As I consider this holiday with respect to gratitude, I'm conscious of the fleeting moments for they may have contained a learning gift that makes the experience worthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment