Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A New Adventure


Hello friends,

I haven't written here for a while but there is a good reason. In the course of human events. . .oh wait that's a different discourse. As many of you know, I am involved in a number of community groups with the purpose of improving conditions for disadvantaged persons in my community. I am a court-appointed special advocate for the foster care system, I sit on the community listening team at my church, I am a domestic violence/sexual assault special advocate and I've met with the mayor. Now I have another opportunity to make a different. I have been asked to consider a guest appearance on a local public access television show that deals with local issues. I will attend a taping soon and meet the crew and we will go from there.

The host was on a radio show that I listen to and he and I began chatting back and forth through facebook. He admired my thought process and asked if I had a website so I referred him here and provided some of my other writings and the idea was born. I'm excited to be entering into this new adventure and am excited to share the following clips with you.

You can find the clip that explains the show's concept on the right. Please check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment