Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Woohooo Remodel Here We Come!!!!



Well, we cleaned up in savings on things to remodel our house with! One of the local Sears stores is closing and everything is 25-75% off so we went and looked around after work. I got 2 pairs of dress slacks and a sweater for $25, a new bath mat, and 4 gallons of paint at 50% off which is a great deal. The paint was originally $28/gallon so we can change the look of our kitchen and dining room for under $75!!!

The kitchen walls will be a very light mint green which will go nicely with the white cabinetry. I want to get either a Mary Engelbreit or an ivy border. I want Mary Engelbreit curtains and lots of color in my little kitchen.

The dining room is getting a lilac color on the walls, some white moulding around the ceiling and some border. I'd like a Victorian tearoom look in the dining room so I can hardly wait but alas, the first chance we'll get to do any painting will be the downtime between quarters so we're looking at May 22-June 8th for a trip to NY to see David's family and a week or so for us to work on the house.

2 comments:

  1. How fun to remodel. We have been in the process of redoing for 5 years and what a mess. We are not even half done yet.

    I love the idea of light mint green in your kitchen. Mary Engelbreit border would bring lots of color. I just love her designs.

    Lilac sounds so pretty for your dining room. You will have to post pictures of everything.

    You know whats funny? On Sunday we went to Sears too. I bought two bathroom rugs, two towel sets, and a shower curtain. They were having great sales. I guess we were thinking alike.

    I wish we lived close too, I feel we could be great friends. We could run around to craft fairs and share decorating tips.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I put enough pics up on the blog you could give me tips lol!!! We would have great fun!!

    I want to get some new seat cushions for the dining chairs and I'm thinking a nice cream color or light butter yellow would look nice.

    ReplyDelete