Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Sunday, January 10, 2010

"What it is"
By Bob Perks

I've discovered something important. I don't think it
is earth shaking. Still, once I realized it, I suddenly
began to understand my life a little better.

This all came about because of recent health issues
both Marianne and I have been facing.

In an effort to understand what was wrong, we were
actually discovering what was not.

Confused? So was I until my wife and I found ourselves
in the emergency room again. It was then that we both
discovered it and began laughing hysterically.

After all our testing, poking and prodding the doctors could
not tell us what was wrong, they could only eliminate all
things that were right.

Our conversations with our doctors both ended the same
way. They have no idea what was causing these things
to happen, only what wasn't causing them.

Now, before any of my medical "friends I've never met" try
emailing me to explain this, I want you to know that
we really do understand. We were tested for the major
concerns so that they could be eliminated immediately.

That's a good thing.

Still, there are no explanations for why they happened. So,
they say, "Everything came back normal." We, in turn, say
"Great!" and then go on with our lives.

The problem is we still want to know "What it is."

When I asked one doctor should I be concerned, he replied
"If it happens again."

I was concerned that it happen once, where did that get me?

Here's what I've learned from this.

This same thing happens in life. People want answers, most
of the time have them, but don't like them because they take
some effort and want something easier to solve the problem.

1. If you are unhappy in marriage.
2. If you're job is physically, slowly, killing you, interfering with
your family life/marriage.
3. If you are over weight.
4. If you always wanted to do ...whatever.

There is only one answer. Ask yourself, "What is it that I am
NOT willing to do?"

Don't list all the things you're doing because they haven't
changed a thing. Look at what you are NOT willing to do.

That may very well be the answer.

The answer for my wife and I has been known to us for a long time.
We both need to begin to eat, live, and think healthy. Our
lifestyle is killing us. It's just too easy to live the lifestyle of "who cares?"
We were NOT willing to exercise, choose healthy habits. That
takes effort. Poor health doesn't.

So, our problem was we knew we were not doing the right thing
and the result was finding ourselves in the ER asking "What
happened?"

They, in turn, told us what didn't happen.
If you are unhappy, over weight, if your job is killing you...you
know "what it is" that's doing it. YOU!

"I wish you enough!"
J
Bob Perks
I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.

If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

P.O. Box 1702
Shavertown, Pa. 18708
Contact Bob 2believe@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment