Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Monday, May 31, 2010

As They Saw His Angel Face

"As they saw his angel face"
by Bob Perks
A Memorial Day Message

They were both there the first time he cried. It was
a joyful sound. The sound of life beginning and they
waited so long to hear it. Mom and Dad were proud of
him as they saw his angel face.

But today he lay there in the dirt face down crying
one more time..."Mom, Dad...help me!" They were
not nearby to hear his final cry.

He grew to be a young man full of hope and pride.
He had dreams and plans for the future. In fact, waiting
for him back home was the girl of his dreams. They
met at school and just like fairy tales and romance
stories this love affair was the kind that was meant to be.

The last time they saw each other they made promises
of faithfulness. They talked about the wedding and a dozen
or more children of their own. He said "I love you more
than anything in this world." She cried and with tears running
softly down her face she said, " I will wait for you and while
we are apart my heart will skip every other beat until your return."

Mom and Dad stood by watching and dreaming of
grandchildren to come and how they would spend the
holidays together as one big family.

They said goodbye and after long "I don't want to let you
go" hugs, they waved one last time as the plane lifted off the
run way and headed away from home.

On the drive back there was silence as each of them
remembered the first times, the good times, and the
challenges of the past.

"Honey, it seems like just yesterday that he took his
first steps." said Dad.

"I can remember holding him in my arms and thanking
God for this miracle in my life." said Mom.

"Mom." said the young bride to be, "I know that feeling, too."

Months pass by and letters exchanged by the dozens. His
time away is coming to an end. He'll be home again soon.

They gather at the airport once more to greet him. This
should have been the joyful return of their son, her fianceé.

The plane lands and makes it's final turn. The propellers
stop with a sputtering sound. The passenger door opens
as the steps are put in place. But this is not for him. The
rear baggage door is unlatched and a small truck rolls
underneath to gather it's contents.

"There, that must him." Dad whispers quietly. Mom bursts
into tears. His fiancé bows her head and cries openly into
her hands.

He is home just like he promised. She was faithful and true.
They didn't hear his last cry. He died face down on foreign soil.

You see he and tens of thousands of other men and women
returned home that way so that you could be with your family
and friends this weekend sharing laughter, good food and freedom.

War should never be. But as it has had it's place in our
history, young men and women gave their lives for the things
that you and I take for granted everyday. Count your freedoms
and they will equal one for every life lost.

As Mom and Dad stood by the casket and looked at their
son one last time, they wept as they ...saw his angel face."

God Bless them all!
"I wish you enough!"
J
Bob Perks

I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.
P.O. Box 1702
Shavertown, Pa. 18708
Contact Bob 2believe@comcast.net

If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com

and submit your email address.

"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment