Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Monday, October 18, 2010

A Lovely Spot on the Web

I think that I am going to start a new Monday tradition here on Knotty Musings. Each Monday, I will spotlight a blog that features positive thoughts, beauty or helpful information. We could all use more peace and beauty in our lives, so today's blog is The Garden of thoughts by Dodinsky. Check it out here and if you are on Facebook, check out the lovely page there as well.

http://dodinsky.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&ref=mb#!/thegardenofthoughtsbydodinsky

You will find a link to the blog in the blog roll at the right as well. Please tell your friends!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you have been suffering with pain. I hope you will feel a lot better after your hysterectomy. I had a hysterectomy for uterine cancer around 16 or 17 years ago.

    You are still really busy I see. You always are doing such worthwhile things.

    I have missed posting with you. I seem to not be able to keep up with my blogging as of lately. I am getting really old I guess. Still young at heart though.

    My daughter is vegan. She is fairly new at it but loves it and makes the most interesting dishes.

    I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers for surgery and recuperating to go well.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a generous and engaging idea! Thank you for joining my blog. :) I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Iris! I let my blogging for a while and am just finding my way back to me. It helps to serve as an electronic journal for me. The more vegetarian way of eating for me has been quite nice and I am discovering foods and flavors I never would have learned about before. Yes, it's been a long time to be in pain, so I'm looking forward to getting this done. I will blog again once I'm out of the hospital.

    ReplyDelete