Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Post Surgery Update

Good morning friends,

I am now a week post-hysterectomy and finally get past a few hitches in the healing. There are many concerns with abdominal surgery and even more when the bowel tears in the process of the surgery. It has been repaired, but keeping the plumbing working with meds that work against the plumbing has been a bit of a challenge. Nausea was pretty intense as well,so the dr. prescribed a drug for that and I now feel nearly human. My energy levels are still reducedand that's OK. As long as I have no problems sleeping, I will sleep.

I admit to having cabin fever, though. The highlight of my day is when someone calls or comes by to check on me. It does matter. I am looking forward to going to the Empowerment Network monthly meeting this Saturday and seeing friends and making new ones. Perhaps if things go well next week, I can get back to actively mentoring my mentee. We'll see.

The dietary transitions are going fairly well. I can definitely tell when I've had wheat, though. The meal sits heavily on my stomach and gives me gastro issues. More convinced than ever that the changes I'm making will benefit my health greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment