Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 Reflections


As I reflect on another year passed, it seems that this year has been a harder one, a year of many mixed blessings. There have been surgeries, disappointments, loved ones who have passed on and many tears and heartbreaks.

Joys have also been present at the table: time spent with friends and family, laughter, leaning on others and knowing that they have your back, learning to be gentle with oneself, the list is endless.

As I count my blessings, many thoughts come to mind. Here are just a few:

I am cognizant that every struggle contains blessings, even when I can't see them clearly.

Perhaps I find myself more thankful this year because I've relied more on others this year, with surgery, recovery and the jumble of emotions that go along with. Maybe it's a hazard of growing older, I don't know.

I am thankful for the love and care shown to me by those I count as friends and family. I am thankful for your cards, phone calls, flowers, e-mails and words of encouragement when I feel frail, small and vulnerable. I am always touched by your pride in me and your affirmations that my presence in this world makes a difference in your lives and the lives of others.

I am thankful for having shelter when the days are warm, the rain falls, the wind howls, and the snow pelts. I am cognizant of those who do not have safe shelter.

I am thankful that while I may never be rich, that I have enough and also enough to share with those who are less fortunate. May that always be the case.

I am thankful for peaceful passings of loved ones, for in death we learn how to live life fully, with appreciation and with joy. May we not need death to remind us to do those things.

I am thankful for injustice, for it teaches me to look into the darkness and to be the light, be the hope and to share what I can - whether time, skills or money - for the benefit of others.

I am thankful for the cruel words that I sometimes face; they remind me to be kind. We are not always privy to the private pains others carry.

I am thankful for health issues; they have taught me how to take care of the temple that is my body, how to eat and savor nutritious food and how to enjoy the process. I am thankful to live in a country where nutritious food is relatively easy to obtain, but am reminded that even in the land of plenty, some still do not have enough. May I be reminded that enough is plenty and to share my bounty.

Most of all, I am thankful for the opportunity to see another day and to be surrounded by friends and family.

I leave you with these thoughts:

I am very thankful to have all of you as my friends.
I count my blessings when the day ends.

I have food and remember some do not.
I have shelter and realize that's a lot.

I have more that I will share...
Even though I'm not a millionaire.

As Thanksgiving rolls around...
I feel grateful to be safe and sound.

I feel fortunate to have so much more...
Then they sell in any department store.

For good friends, old and new,
For trees of green and skies of blue.

For all the food that makes me drool,
I'm thankful that the price went down on fuel.

I'm also guided by the power above.
My riches are found in those that I love.


I applaud each of you and everything you do, everyday.
I honor your victories and I understand your struggles.
I am inspired daily by your thoughts and comments.
I give thanks daily, that you are part of my life.
I am fortunate to have such cherished friends.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and those you hold dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment