Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Saturday, May 2, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?




I hope the morning light finds you well-rested and in good spirits.


Well the "hill to kill" is slowly getting tamed. The unfamiliar should know a few things about the "hill to kill". The hill is 30 feet long, 2 -1/2 feet wide and a 6 ft. drop onto the neighbor's driveway if you lose your footing. So we decided a couple of years to fill that side in with ground covers, etc and naturalize it so we don't have to mow it (eventually). So following that plan, last weekend's purchases are mostly for that hill.

We got all of the flowers I bought last weekend planted and the hill to kill is shaping up. I put the pansies and petunias along the steps that go down the hill and the lisianthus, alstilbe, sage, etc around it. The lilies I planted last year are really taking off which is awesome!!! The violets are really taking off on the hill and are looking soooooooo pretty-see!!!!

I saw the ferns and hostas peeking up a bit. The columbine went in the back yard around the tree and the hen and chicks and moss roses went into the rock garden in the back. Landscaping is slowwwwllllly shaping up. The balloon flowers are kind of hanging out and hopefully will take off well; I bought some bluish/lavender ones.

I want to get more hostas, columbine, and lilies of the valley for the back yard along the fence line. My peonies I got last year from my friends are budding!!! I can hardly wait!!!!

I want to try my hand at container gardening and plant some calla lilies. They are soooooooooo pretty.

The tutoring candidate comes by today at 5 and we'll see how it goes. I hope we communicate fairly well because I'd like to understand the remaining concepts this quarter and have continuity of tutoring set up for next quarter.

Tomorrow after church I'm heading to the garden center again and picking up some potting soil, spray weed and feed, grub and snail kill, and hopefully, an electric hedge trimmer. I want to rent a tiller so I can tear up the area out by the curb and plant flower seeds in it without doing the back breaking digging. My knee is quite cranky today!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How busy you have been! I love picturing all the flowers you are planting. It sounds beautiful. The violets are so pretty.

    I hope your tutoring candidate is someone you feel will fit the bill.

    Have a nice weekend.
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tutor is a molecular biologist with a Ph.d.; very funny, very personable, very Irish which is great and makes the math a bit more understandable. He's like you're right - why are you hesitating???

    Tomorrow I'll be putting down snail, grub, and weed and feed. Once that's sat for a while then later in the week I can put down grass seed.

    Perhaps next weekend if it doesn't rain I can get some zinnia and impatiens seeds started.

    ReplyDelete