Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Great Hair Debate and Other Musings





Good afternoon friends,

It is official: David, the love of my life, has infected me with a cold. The watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, aches and pains kind of cold. To be fair, his was worse as he had the chest cold and sounded awful for most of last week. So I'm home trying to nurse it since I didn't think that talking 10 hours on the phone would be helpful when I barely have a voice to begin with and the throat is scratchy.

I need a haircut; my hair is in my face and hard to manage. I have wavy hair but the waves don't appear until my hair is at my jawline. I'm looking for something a little more professional since I will soon be chatting people up for internships. Let me know what you think of these styles.

4 comments:

  1. I like the middle one best. But all three are nice. I recently got my hair cut very very short.
    I had been getting perms for over 20 years and my hair didn't even feel human. Of course when my hair turned gray the texture changed completely. Now my hair is straight and short. I love it. Post a picure when you get your hair done.

    Hope that cold and scratchy throat goes away quick. Take extra good care of yourself.
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Iris,

    Well the blahs were just getting worse so I went to the dr last night and I have a sinus infection, strep throat, and walking pnuemonia sooooooooo I'm off work again today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking pnuemmonia is no fun. Neither is strep throat for that matter I hate sinus infections.
    I had a busy day today running around with my grand daughter. Target, Michaels, grocery store and this old lady is really tired.

    Take care and get better real soon.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have won a very special award, please visit my blog to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete