Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm Proud of You

This really made me think about how little I tell people I'm proud of them, so I'll say it now: I am so proud of all of you!!!

"I'm proud of you!"
by Bob Perks

Does anyone say it any more?
When I heard it the other day, it
caught my attention. It was like
hearing something oddly familiar
but distant and faint in my memory.
You know, like things your grandmother
used to say.

I needed to understand why. I mean, it
just doesn't seem right that a phrase
so powerful would not be heard and
used regularly.

"I'm proud of you!"

When was the last time you said that to
someone? Not just someone you love, but
a neighbor, friend, or co-worker.

To a neighbor...
"You make a difference in the world
in everything you do.

I watch the people around you, how they react
whenever you're there. They smile, laugh
often and feel better for having had you in
their day, even if ever so briefly.
I'm proud of you!"

To a Friend...
"You take on the challenges of life and never
give in. You might not always win, but you
don't lose for lack of trying.
I'm proud of you!"

To a co-worker...
"You care. It shows in the way you do your work.
You not only do your job, you care about the
details, the goals and the outcome.
I'm proud of you!"

To a child...
"You didn't hit a home run, but you played with
your heart in every game. You never missed a
practice, you tried your very best. That's a
home run in my book.
I'm proud of you!"

To your spouse or partner...
"We'll get through this together. Yes, you lost
your job, but so did many others. I see great
determination in your eyes. I love you even
more in the difficult times because that's
when you shine and the world sees your best.
I'm proud of you!"

Now for you, my "friend I've never met"...
"You take time each day to search out and read
positive, uplifting messages on the internet.
Your love for people shows when you pass along
special messages for your friends facing
challenges. Your faith is strong and evident
when you lift up others, offer spiritual support
and encouragement and pray for people you
don't even know. You are a part of the world's
largest support group giving hope to those
whose only connection to others may be the
internet.
"I'm proud of you!"

"I wish you enough!"
J
Bob
I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.

If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.

"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment