Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Talked Down From the Ledge

Hi friends,

I haven't been very active here lately but I've been fighting a blood infection, secondary to the oopharectomy so I've been pretty weak.

I went to the dr. today to get my questions answered and to plot where to go from here. The Lupron and progestin birth control pill therapy that has been suggested has a very low cancer risk. I asked about the hysterectomy and was told that the success rate would be higher with a Lupron regimen since things would be "cleaner". We did discuss the benefits to me of hysterectomy, such as lower risk of breast cancer since breast cancer is also an estrogen-driven cancer.

Lupron is the most conservative route to go so I will give it a go for a month to see what the side effects are like before taking a 3-month shot. I've been warned that the pelvic pain rises in the 1st two weeks after getting the shot, then tapers off.

Right now, I'm just waiting for expedited insurance co approval and then I have to go back and get the shot. So. . .buckle up, it could be a bumpy ride.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you have a blood infection. I hope that gets straightened out quick. I know it's hard to decide what option to take. I hope you do not have too much pain or any other side effects from the treatment you have chosen. I hate these commercials on tv advertising medicines. After they get through telling you all the side effects, you don't want to even take anything.
    Keep us posted on how you are doing.
    Take care.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that's the truth on drug advertising. The cure often sounds worse than the ailment. My plan is to take it easy as much as possible this weekend and perhaps start some Christmas stitching.

    ReplyDelete