Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day





















Good morning friends,

Well today is inauguration day. A time for hope, and yes, change, and most definitely a historic moment on so many different levels. Whether you voted for President Obama or not, you can be proud that in America, EVERYONE has the opportunity to become something great.

Well, midterms are over except for waiting for the grades. I did my best and that's what counts and I hope the grades reflect that. I'm ready for this quarter to be done.

I began my new job duties yesterday and so far, it is very interesting. It is pretty complex so I'm learning the process step by step so that I can move through on my own going forward.

I met with my mentor Friday who gave me a gift card for a congrats on your promotion/Christmas gift/thanks for being my friend gift. I was able to get the wonderful stuff above. I can't wait to work with the Lion Brand wool prints yarn. I think it is going to become a ruffled neck warmer for ME!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How nice! I love the colors of the yarn. I am sure you will make something beautiful with it.
    I have to tell you, seeing pictures of, and hearing about all the things you make inspires me to do needlework again. I enjoy going to craft shows. Do you?

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love craft fairs; I wish you lived closer - we'd go together!!! The runner that I used at Christmas time under the nativity is one that I found at a craft fair. I am so amazed by the talent and creativity of people.

    I think I'm going to make myself a ruffled neck warmer with the yarn. . .my hubby wants a scarf out of the blue yarn.

    ReplyDelete