Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR



Good morning friends,

Happy New Year!!!!! We had a fairly quiet evening - we went to a Mexican restaurant with friends and then saw the movie "The Spirit" which ranks right up there as the stupidest movie I've ever seen. Certainly don't pay theatre prices for it and if you buy it, don't pay full discount bin prices either. It's a movie that tries to do too much - it tries cartooon, comic book and live action all in the same movie, the story doesn't flow and the dialogue is lame-o. But everyone is entitled to pick a dud. Nonetheless, we had a great time.

Today will be spent taking the tree down and putting stuff away, watching the Rose Bowl parade and getting my workout marching with the bands, doing homework, crocheting, and chilling out.

I will be making chili in the crockpot and perhaps a loaf of homemade bread in the breadmaker.

Since it is New Year's Day I leave you with these thoughts:

All stories copyright 2008 Bob Perks
Today's message:
"What will you take?"
By Bob Perks

"Time, faith and the love of my family and friends," he said.
How wonderful. Somehow, from the moment we met, I knew
we would connect.

His response was perfect. His answer was mine.

It is that time of year when we reflect back on
accomplishments and failures. It is a wrapping up and
an unfolding all in one.

The sentimental fool that I am keeps me deep in thought
filling my days with mood swings easily compared to
riding a roller coaster.

Oddly, I love those ups and yes, even the downs. The happy
thoughts remind me that life is good. The sad thoughts
remind me that life is fragile.

In the end I hope for more happy than sad, but still
come out on top when the ball officially drops on
New Years Eve, if I can at least find balance.

You may think this strange, too, when I say some of my
best years turned out to be the years when I struggled,
lost, failed and retreated into the darkness of that
final night of the old year.

Job loss, car repossession, debt, divorce, a failed business,
cancer in my family, death of loved ones, depression, all
made life nearly unbearable.

Still, the light of the new day, the new year, always seemed
to be brighter than any other.

It was in falling down that I learned how to climb.
It was in losing that I learned how to win.
It was in struggling that I found strength.
It was in darkness that I learned to see again.

So, why was this man's response to me so perfect?

This man had just lost his business. This man was
struggling with finances, self image, and hope.

He was standing on the edge of a dismal past and
desperately trying to see the possibilities in his
future.

Instead of dismissing everything as failure he
chose to acknowledge the most important parts.

I asked him, "If you could take something with you
into the new year, what would it be?"

"Time, faith, the love of my family and friends," he said.
"If I have time I can begin again. I can build again. I
can start over. If I have faith, I know I cannot fail.
If I have the love of my family and friends, I have purpose."

If I don't have the chance to say this to you
before the new year begins, my prayer for each of you
is time, faith and love in 2009.
"I believe in you!"
Bob


"I believe in you!"
Bob
I encourage you to share my stories but I do ask that you
keep my name and contact information with my work.
If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.
*****************
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

Bob Perks, P.O. Box 1702, Shavertown, PA 18708-1702, USA



"We enter this world with only love and
build a life upon it. Why then would we fear the new year?
Be grateful. Love all. Have mercy. Forgive."
~Bob Perks

No comments:

Post a Comment