Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Still Alive and Kicking!!!!


Hi everyone,

I'm still alive and kicking!!! Sometimes just barely it seems.

We had a snowstorm yesterday afternoon about rush hour that made driving treacherous at best. Amazing how 2 inches of snow combined with lots of wind can create so many problems! It was near blizzard conditions. There was a 27 car pileup on the outskirts of town and it was very slow going on the interstate. Our usual half hour commute was closer to 1-1/2 hours. The rest of the week is just supposed to be cold but it doesn't look as though we will get hit with more snow until early next week.

Midterms are kicking my butt right now and are about 1/2 over; I now understand fully why college kids become lushes at times. I have gotten so frustrated with the assessment for the Word class that I poured a glass of wine (or two) and basically said, "You know what??? I don't care anymore. I have done it and redone four times now. I'm done." For all the fighting with it, I received 2-94 percents, a 96%, and a 100%.

I haven't had time to crochet in a little over a week and that is feeding into my disgusted mood as well.

It will all be OK; inhale deeply and exhale and when worst comes to worst, play "Wooly Bully" and dance like a crazy woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment