Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, New Challenges





Good morning,

It's been a few days since I've updated here so let's see: What have I been up to?

As you can see, I've been working on making scarves. I joined the 12 scarves of 2009 Challenge on Crochetville and hope that it will help me not have to to rush like a crazy woman to crochet gifts for Christmas 2009, birthdays, etc. Oh, and I'm learning to KNIT!!! Yep, I'm taking the plunge!!! I've started attending meetking of the NE Knit and Crochet Guild so I figure I have help close at hand if I get stuck and I've been wanting to try it. So I joined a knit along and the first project is a shawl. Wish me luck!!!

Work is going well and is keeping me busy!!!! I found out yesterday that I will be taking over a large project and I'm excited because it will give me ownership of a large part of what my group does. Next week we move to 4xs larger desks-yay!!!!! Then I can take my digital picture frame into work - I'll be loading it up this weekend.

Tomorrow I meet with an advisor to find out more information about whether taking mediation training would constitute a conflict of interest in the eyes of the Bar Association. Legal Assistants can't dispense legal advice (that whole practicing without a license thing comes into play) so I need to check on this. I also want to see what the new Bachelor's pre-law program entails.

I've been busy working on getting this weight off and since Christmas 2008, have lost 3.8 lbs! I'm pretty happy with that. My goal is to lose at least 5 lbs per month, which would put me at goal by Christmas 2009! We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment