Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Dinner To Remember



Good morning friends,

I thought you might like to see a picture of me "gussied up" for dinner last night. What a dinner it was! We had dinner at a local steakhouse and winery. It is set up to look like a Spanish mission and the waiters and waitresses are dressed as monks or nuns. We've been to this restaurant before and the ambiance lends itself to a romantic dinner.

We had chateaubriand (steak-ohhhhhhh so tender) for 2 which included a mini loaf of bread, salad bar, roasted carrots, asparagus, new potatoes, pearl onions and mushrooms. We had a couple of glasses of wine each and the hubbers had NY cheesecake and I had cherries jubilee. I ate my bread without butter, had oil and vinegar dressing and lots of the veggies. We still brought food home.

I got on the scale and stayed the same but there is a long walk planned for the afternoon to burn some more calories so it stays that way.

Today we're heading to the Farmer's Market for some salad makings, then working to get the guest room in shape for the in-law's visit this week.

What are the rest of you up to???

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you had a lovely anniversary dinner. You look so pretty all dressed up. I love the color of your dress.

    I also love the room your standing in, I love that long doily is it on a mantle?

    I didn't do anything special today. I cleaned the fridge, that was fun! I have to grocery shop when it gets a little cooler.

    I did sew a little on a little decorative pillow I am making.

    Hope your walk was pleasant.
    Iris

    Our farmers market is on Tuesdays here. It has just been too hot for me to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris,

    Yes that is a mantle scarf that I found in one of my thrift store runs. I love it!

    Well I think dinner is going to be leftover veggies from last night's dinner and some of the balsamic chicken I made Friday night.

    ReplyDelete