Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dr. Report

I saw the dr. today for my follow up visit and I have been released upon an unsuspecting world. He said I'm healing nicely so I can return to work and driving next Tuesday.

I'm cleared to exercise and can do everything but crunches, etc.

There is a 15% chance that I will develop the same problem in the remaining ovary, thereby requiring a full hysterectomy. We discussed the use of Lupron to control the endometriosis and I received an informational packet. The med would have the effect of placing my body into a menopausal state to control the estrogen that drives the production of endometriosis. Then I would be placed on birth control pills to prevent a cycle. I'm concerned about what the cancer risk might be and it seems contradictory to use one drug to prevent estrogen and then follow it with a drug that contains estrogen. Anyway, I have some research to do before making a final decision.

1 comment:

  1. My daughter recently had a hysterectomy and has decided not to take hormone therapy because of cancer risks. It's hard to know what to do sometimes. After you read the possible risks and side effects it is kind of scary. After my hysterectomy ,(uterine cancer) Dr. wanted me to take premarin but I didn't I thought like you why would they want me to take something that carried a risk of causing female cancers when I had been diagnosed with a female cancer. Research is good to do.

    Iris

    Iris

    ReplyDelete