Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Friday, September 25, 2009

The Invisible Tattoo

"The Invisible Tattoo"
By Bob Perks

I have no idea where I found this, but
as soon as I did I felt compelled to
research it.

"The Invisible Tattoo."

How could one have a tattoo yet,
no one can see it?

It's simple. Invisible ink.

Well, not exactly invisible. They
use glow in the dark ink only seen under
a black light.

I know that many of you will be tempted
to send me biblical references to such
marks as being against the will of God.

I appreciate and understand that.

I may then shock a few people when I tell you
that I have tattoos. Two of them. One heart
on my right shoulder that says "Love" and
one fancy lettering on my left shoulder that
says "Hope."

I also have invisible ones. So, do you.

These are the marks in my life that you
would not be aware of unless you knew me
personally.

I also have marks in the great book of things
I did and said that God was not pleased about.

Some of you may have marks of insecurity
that would go undetected by others unless
they had seen you under pressure.

Many of you carry marks of the past, perhaps
from abuse by others or even by self induced
addictions.

Invisible tattoos.

Then there are those who have physical
challenges others cannot see.

Have you ever seen someone park in a handicap
spot and questioned what right they had to it?

Sure there are some who shamefully take advantage
of it and know they have no right. But, there
are millions who suffer from chronic pain
and neuro-muscular diseases in early stages.

If you saw them you might not be aware that,
although they look perfectly fine to you, most
of their life their disease keeps them from
functioning well in everyday tasks. Their
invisible tattoo is pain.

You can't see it, but it's there.

Why then are we so skeptical? Why do we first
choose to criticize, doubt, and reject others
who are different then ourselves?

You may argue that your life is such that you
can clearly declare you have no "invisible tattoos."

Under the black light you may discover that
"Denial" is yours.

I believe if I keep my mind and my heart open
I can benefit from every person who crosses
my path. By shining the light of love I will
see the markings of goodness in them.
Remember, too, everyone has invisible gifts
to offer the world. Those are often shadowed my
insecurity and doubt.

By shining the light of mistrust and skepticism,
one only reveals to the world their own markings
of prejudice and fear of the unknown.

Don't judge me for what you see, love me for
who I am.
"I wish you enough!"
J
Bob
I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.

If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment