Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Monday, September 14, 2009

Views From the Wanderings












Hi friends,

It's been busy in this little corner of the world with the in-laws and recuperation. I went back to work last week and that was trying.

Here are a few pictures from the wanderings:

The lady with the veggie hat is the coordinator of the City Sprouts program, the community gardening group here in Omaha. The hat has amused me all summer and I would have been remiss not to capture it!

The nature pictures are from N.P. Dodge Park where we walked Sunday amongst the skeeters from hell!!

The Mardi Gras robe, washboard, and aligator statue were found at Jazz - A Louisiana Kitchen in Omaha's Old Market. I'd never been there but the food is out of this world if you like spicy food.

And finally, sunsets from my little corner of the world and the newest addition to my gardens, Pokey the Turtle. Zinger was soooooo funny when I brought the turtle home. She kept sneaking up on it until she was satisfied that it wasn't alive lol!

2 comments:

  1. These were great pictures. I love the pictures of where you walk. Sorry about the mosquitoes though. I imagine zinger was very curious (as cats are) about the turtle.

    I hope you are feeling well, and not getting to tired.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding up mostly well; this is the 1st week that I can forsee getting all of my hours in at work so that's improvement.

    I can do about one really physical thing a day and then I get tired so I'm just pacing and being gentle with myself.

    ReplyDelete