Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Walking It Off






Good morning friends and happy Labor Day Weekend!

It is going to be a gorgeous day here; low 80s, sunny, low humidity. A perfect day to get outside and walk which is what we're doing after breakfast. We have a trail close to our house that goes by the riverfront (Missouri River) so we'll be walking that this morning.

I've been eating the Mediterranean way since I got out of the hospital and I have to say my body loves it and is giving up the lbs pretty nicely. I'm measuring portions, drinking tons of water, getting lots of plant nutrition and generally feeling more satisfied with my food.

Tonight we're going out for the romantic anniversary dinner, since our anniversary is next Wednesday but my in-laws will be here. I'm going to go for the smallest steak I can and some roasted veggies, with a salad. I might splurge a bit on a dessert if there is something interesting.

What are the rest of you up to??

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Those pictures are gorgeous. Is that where you walk? It is beautiful.

    I have heard that the Mediterranean diet is a good one.

    It is not quite 11:30 here and I have already cleaned my house did all my furry family chores, taken my daughter to her hair appt, went to Petsmart, bought a ton of cat food, came home but have to leave around noon to take Pearlene for blood work. They are still trying to regulate her thyroid medicine. Then at three I have a hair appointment to get this red out as it has turned orange, and hopefully get a good haircut. I will be way to tired to cook so we are going out. It's funny my dh used to never want to eat out. Now he want's to go out more often that I do.

    Hope your dinner is delicious. Have a fun and a romantic evening.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't get rid of me today, I found the post with the little vase and left a comment there.

    Bye for now,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never want to get rid of you!!!

    Yep that trail is where we walk most often. It's about a quarter of a mile from our house. Tomorrow we'll be walking the park around the corner from our house if it doesn't rain; if it does we'll be doing walking videos.

    I can just picture you with red hair like Lucille Ball.

    ReplyDelete