Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crochet Heaven!!!!

















Hi friends,

My friend Jackye and I went to a craft fair Saturday morning and these are my treasures. The hook on the left is a J hook, hand turned and made from mulberry wood. The shaft fits my hand beautifully and the yarn glides over it like a dream.

The hook on the right is a hanging hook. It says it is a J but I tested with my guage tester and it is really an H- no matter I will never be without a hook again.

Both of these hooks sold for $15 each and I may end up buying a set of these to upgrade the wooden hooks I currently have. The owners allow a layaway of sorts: pay what you can afford for the hooks you'd like today and then pay $15 per month (or more) for the rest and when you've paid for your set, they ship them to you.

The company name is Wiley's Handmade Originals.

They can be contacted here:

PO BOX 51
Bellevue NE 68005-0051
402-715-5881

Email:

wileyshandcrafts@cox.net

4 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you had a real nice weekend.
    If I remember right, your classes start again tomorrow. I hope your break was restful before you start your heavy load of school, job and everything else you do.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Iris,

    Yep classes begin this morning and I'm actually looking forward to it because I know the algebra class is the only class I will have this quarter. I think having the class twice a week will help as well so we'll see how things go.

    The break was pretty restful and much needed. Now I am looking forward to going out of town (just here in NE) OVER Palm Sunday weekend and doing more craft shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paulissa,

    I am responding to the comment you left on my blog about the Polish Star. There are several free patterns on the web which I am sure you already know but to help weave it my sister and I did a video on youtube showing the weaving process. Her is the url for the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYKM8BfvTs

    Please let me know if this helps you and happy crocheting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Scarlet for the link; I thoroughly enjoyed myself on your blog.

    ReplyDelete