Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Deep Freeze Excursions

Good morning friends,

Well, we took the plunge last night and bought a deep freezer and a Foodsaver machine. We've long lamented the lack of freezer space in our kitchen refrigerator, the inability to find things, etc so we decided it was time. It will be delivered today!!! David is already talking about stocking it lol!!!

We ended up buying a chest freezer because we just couldn't justify the much higher energy costs involved with an upright. We did, however, pay more money for one that has built-in dividers in the bottom. I'm excited to use it!!! Now I can free up space in the kitchen freezer and put my veggie broths, frozen soups, etc downstairs.

Not much else going on today: Lunch with a friend for her birthday, then a little thrift store shopping, making dinner, algebra, and crochet.

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you! We just don't have the space for a freezer but I sure could use one.
    I think you'll love the Food Saver Machine. I have had mine for a few years and use it every day. Since I have made my self take the time to seal all my cereals sugars and etc. I can't tell you how much we have cut down on ants.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that for the ants as well, though we haven't much trouble with that. Mealbugs we have had a problem with in the past.

    Yep, we did a little stimulating the economy lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our freezer. It is a bit deep, though. When I recently cleaned it out, I found out how deep it was when I was trying to clean the bottom, I realized I could fall in it if not careful. I also found food I had bought when we first got the freezer 4 years ago.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete