Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Sunday

Good morning everyone,

It's looking to be quite the rainy day so it looks like my walking and exercising will be inside. Hmmmmmm maybe I'll break out one of my bellydance practice videos and work with my zils which I haven't done since I injured my knee. I've been thinking about taking dance classes again so it would be good to test the knee's tolerance level 1st.

Not much else going on here. I picked up a copy of Holly Clegg's Trim and Terrific Freezer Friendly Meals book Friday and will be making a menu using some of the recipes so we can start stocking that new deep freezer and save ourselves some time with cooking during the week when both of us are running in opposite directions.

My algebra is still kicking my butt; I had to retake the test I took Monday because I missed too many problems. Pass/fail classes are so tough because if I retest and don't bring the grade up, I will have to retake the class altogether and I'm feeling soooooooo much stress. Trying not to eat my way through the stress though. It's frustrating because my grad date changed when I decided to take my math by itself, I've done everything I can think of to get it including doing extra problems besides the homework, using the tutorial CD-rom, going to the math center for help, reading Cliffs notes, getting a tutor, and having my hubby the math major help me. It is not clicking. It's like I do the problems here and things are fine and I understand. I get to the test and I overthink EVERYTHING and therefore, make mistakes. I don't know how to get past that mental block.

Ok I've written a book and sorry for the whine but I had to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment