Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A New Niece to Spoil - Miriam's Here!




Good morning friends,

Meet the newest addition to the family. Miriam was born February 13th at 9:23 am and weighed 6 lbs, 11 ozs. Isn't she just beautiful. As you can see, her big brother Manu is pretty excited. I've been busy making things for this little one - burp cloths, etc. I can't wait to see and hold her but alas, it won't be any sooner than May.

Not much going on around here: Tonight I am helping to cleanup after the Lenten dinner and before the service and David has offered his services as well. Though he is Jewish, the church members have always been very welcoming to him for which I am exceedingly grateful. It will be nice to have him there at the service with me.

Tomorrow is David's birthday so I have agreed to join him and his pool team for a little birthday celebration, Friday I'm joining a friend for a fish fry, and Saturday I'm heading out for a craft fair and knit/crochet guild. All fun things and nice to do before the craziness of school ensues.

What are you up to today???

2 comments:

  1. Yes she is beautiful. Big brother is pretty cute too. I am sure you are having fun making things for you new niece.

    Lucky you!! getting to go to a craft fair. I just can't seem to find any to go to lately.

    I am glad that your church is welcoming to your husband. I hate to see when different faiths, religions divide people. My granddaughter is LDS. It is surprising to see how many people have negative reactions to that.

    My husband's birthday is on the tenth. It will be his 70th. It is scary just saying that number.

    Well you have a lot fun before school starts you have certainly earned it.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lots of farmers markets with crafts throughout the summer so I'm looking forward to picking up gifts for friends and family throughout the year this year.

    I know what you mean about religions being divisive. I wouldn't attend my church if people didn't make David feel welcome; we are a unit even if he is of a different faith.

    I've been having a little fun with my splurge $$ from the settlement; it's kind of nice to be able to pamper myself and do a few things for some loved ones in my life.

    ReplyDelete