Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Friday, July 3, 2009

After Words

All stories copyright 2008 Bob Perks
Today's message:

"After words"
By Bob Perks
Maybe it's just me.
Maybe I have been trying so hard to focus on
life's details that I've begun missing the obvious.
I was speaking about a friend of mine who had passed
away a while ago. Sitting with some friends who knew him
we began to share our own personal stories.
One by one, we each praised this guy for his friendly
good-nature and loving ways.
"He was such a good friend."
"I don't think I ever met anyone as nice as him."
"What an good father he was, too."
"And a loving husband."
It went on like this for a few minutes and suddenly
it got quite. I noted that one of the people there
hadn't said a word.
I was surprised because I always thought they were
best friends.
"Frank, you must have something to say. I know
you guys were like brothers."
He looked up and scanned the table not saying a thing.
Then looking down he mumbled something.
We looked at each other and realizing that none none
of us understood what he said, I asked, "I'm sorry,
what did you say?"
He looked up, scanned the faces of each of us again
and asked, "Did you tell 'em?"
It took a second to understand. It took a minute to
realize what he was asking of us. It took a lifetime
to see what we lost.
How often do we take the time to tell someone how
wonderful they are? How many times have you thought
about someone you really love, but didn't take the
time to tell them?
Death should not be the only time to praise someone.
The words we need to say, should be said today.
"I love you" are before words...not "after words."
"I do see the sun when it's shining.
I do see the birds when they fly.
I do hear the bell when it's chiming.
I still hate hearing "Goodbye!"
Then why would I not hear Him saying,
"Make time for your family and friends"
For life's just a fleeting moment
A blink and all of it ends."

Love you all!
"I believe in you!"
Bob
I encourage you to share my stories but I do ask that you
keep my name and contact information with my work.
If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.
*****************
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

Bob Perks, P.O. Box 1702, Shavertown, PA 18708-1702, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment