Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Friday, July 3, 2009

What Is Faith?

All stories copyright 2009 Bob Perks
Today's message:

"What is Faith?"
By Bob Perks

Someone asked me the other day about my faith.
I rambled on for a moment and seemed to have
appeased their curiosity. Still, it made me
think about it more when I got home and this
is what I wish I had told them instead:
To see more than what is obvious.
To believe more than what is seen.
To trust when all is lost and darkness
fills your days.
To try again when failure is your partner
To give when nothing's left to give.
To stand when falling is expected.
To go on when odds are against you.
To plan when others think you foolish.
To smile when heart break dims your spirit.
To rise above the doubters and nay sayers.
To keep on when others fall behind.
To end each day in praise instead of sorrow.
That is faith.

"I believe in you!"
Bob
I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.
If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.
*****************
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

Bob Perks, P.O. Box 1702, Shavertown, PA 18708-1702, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment