Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Embracing Imperfection

*Embracing Imperfection *

*When I was a little boy, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner
every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had
made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long
ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage, and extremely burned toast
in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all
my dad did was reach for his toast, smile at my mom, and ask me how my
day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do
remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that toast and eat every
bite! When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my
mom apologize to my dad for burning the toast. And I'll never forget
what he said. 'Baby, I love burned toast.' *

*Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night, and I asked him if
he really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said,
'Little Buddy, your Momma put in a hard day at work today and she's real
tired. And besides-a little burnt toast never hurt anyone! You know,
life is full of imperfect things...and imperfect people. I'm not the
best housekeeper or cook.' *

*What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each
other's faults - and choosing to celebrate each other's differences - is
the one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and
lasting relationship. And that's my prayer for you today - that you will
learn to take the good, the bad and the ugly parts of your life and lay
them at the feet of GOD. Because in the end, He's the only One who will
be able to give you a relationship where burnt toast isn't a
deal-breaker! We could extend this to any relationship in fact - as
understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or
parent-child or friendship!!" *

*Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket - but into
your own. *

*See through God's eyes and feel through God's heart, and you will appreciate the value of every soul *including yourself *

People will always forget what you do, and they will always forget what
you say, but they will never, ever forget the way you make them feel.*~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment