Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Friday, July 3, 2009

Your Wake Up Call

"Your wake up call!"
By Bob Perks

You've already heard about her.
Perhaps you have even seen her.
If you haven't you should.
Above all the roar and thunder. Above all the praise and
cheering. Far above all else, there is a message here for
all of us.

I love happy endings. I love when the under dog wins against
all odds. The David and Goliath stories take my heart and
squeezes it until I can no longer restrain myself. I will
jump up and cheer. I will shout to roof tops in celebration.

Every once in awhile the world is reminded that we put frivilous,
fake and superficial ahead of reason, compassion and dignity.
Then God steps in and says "look...you are a masterpiece. You are a bright shining example of my work. Lift up your head and hold it high! Your gifts may not be obvious to the world, but who
are they to judge my creation!"

Today, break the bonds that tie you down. Loosen the grip you
have held on words like "not good enough," "failure," "ugly,"
"useless," "unworthy," and "hopeless."

You may indeed need to work harder. You may have to fight
prejudice. You may be ridiculed and mocked for even thinking
you can succeed. But you are His child. You are better than
all of that. You are more than you ever imagined and greater
than all you believe.

Stand up! Get moving! Start planning! Discover today what
God sees in you, by asking Him to reveal it in all of its
glory.

You need not stand on a stage, in a spot light, write an epic
novel or discover the cure for cancer. But you must, I repeat,
you MUST, live up to your full potential. Perhaps as a wife,
mother, husband, father, teacher, mechanic, singer, dancer,
painter, friend, lover, janitor, plumber or anything you
believe is your gift to the world.

For as the ugly duckling became the graceful swan, you will
develop into the perfection only you can be. The greatest,
shining example of YOU!

Now, go and watch this ordinary, simple, woman who is mocked
by the crowd and judges until...until God said "Shut up and
listen! She is my Child!"

And the self centered opened their hearts. The cynical became believers.

The world was reminded that everyone is a gift given by God.

Yes, that includes you, my friend.

Follow this link, watch, listen and then thank God, for this day.
It is "Your Wake Up Call!"

Thank you, Susan Boyle!
"I wish you enough!"
J
Bob Perks
I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.

If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment