Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Saturday, July 4, 2009

LOVE NOTES

All stories copyright 2009 Bob Perks
Today's message:

"Love Notes"
By Bob Perks
It's that time of year again when the
pressure to find love, give love, express
love is all measured in dollars and cents.
I was at a local florist this morning and
saw a bouquet of roses in a plain vase for
$99.
I am sure some of you will be quick to say
that's a bargain. I understand some areas
that same dozen would be so much more.

I must ask why a single rose was just $2.50
a few weeks ago and now, now love costs more.
My friend, I am writing to tell you love costs
nothing.
While speaking to an older couple recently,
I asked how they stayed in love for so long.
"Love notes," she replied.
"Oh, you leave each other little notes?" I followed.
They looked at each other and smiled.
"Not written notes. She looks at me and I note
that it means, "I love you!"
"He touches my hand and I note that after all this
time we still hold hands."
"She calls my name and like notes of music I hear
her love song."
"He lies next to me in bed at night and I note his
heart beats only for me."
They both laughed, smiled and he put his arm
around her.
I noted how much in love they really are.
How much does love cost? Hold hands, smile,
call their name.
Are you taking notes?

"I believe in you!"
Bob
I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.
If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.

*****************
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

Bob Perks, P.O. Box 1702, Shavertown, PA 18708-1702, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment