Knotty Musings

Ideas, philosophies, and evil plots to take over the world through love hatched here.


I Am Enough

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,

we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others." ~ Marianne Williamson


Remove the Nots

Remove the Nots

Monday, July 13, 2009

The Path You Take

"The path you take..."
By Bob Perks
"The path we take can also bring us back."
This isn't one of my stories about someone I met.
"stories from the road."
This is about the road.
It was a long time coming but we finally completed
a dream. It was a journey of sorts that really didn't
take us far. A little more than one hundred feet,
in fact, from our back door to the H.O.P.E. House.
H.O.P.E. House is a converted shed. It stands for
"Here Our Passions Evolve."
There are no phones, no clocks. Just a place to get
away from whatever challenges our minds that day.
It is equipped with very little, but filled with
opportunity. There you will find paint, clay,
books, games, music, and a few musical instruments.
You can do something or nothing at all.
But this again isn't about a place. It's about the
path to get there.
Marianne and I have this unspoken understanding that
sometimes we need to wander up the path by ourselves.
Such is life.
I never even suggested it, we never even discussed it.
It just has been understood.
It was on such an occasion recently that I discovered
something.
I watched my wife walk slowly up the pathway, into
Hope House and close the door.
I had no idea how long she would be, but I stayed
right where I was looking out the window from
our living room.
Why?
Because I wanted to see her come back.
It was then I realized that I often speak about the
road of life, the path I am on and the steps to
get me there.
Today I realized that roads and paths aren't always
one way. It helped me to remember many times in my
life when I headed in one direction in pursuit of a
dream only find it was indeed the wrong road to take.
I didn't stay there. I came back.
It's okay to come back. We often times put so
much pressure on ourselves by thinking if we take
the chance on a dream, there's no coming back. So,
we never take the first step.
Suddenly the door on our dream house opened and out
came Marianne. I watched every step she took
until she walked into the house.
I looked at her and said, "I had to see you return.
You know how much I hate to see you leave. But I
realized that I laid the stone for that path. I made
it so that you can always come back to me."
I know one day one of us will walk ahead and the
other will be left behind. That path is one way. The
promise is, I understand, eventually we will meet again
and never have to leave. I like that idea.
So, my friend, on your journey through life may every
road you take always lead you back to the ones you love.
"I wish you enough!"
J
Bob
I encourage you to share my stories but
I do ask that you keep my name and contact
information with my work.

If you would like to receive Bob's Inspirational
stories, please visit http://www.IWishYouEnough.com
and submit your email address.
"I Wish You enough!"
© 2001 Bob Perks
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear
much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

No comments:

Post a Comment